Phosphate coatings are a type of conversion coating applied with heavy metal solutions, mainly Zn and Mn solutions.
rack coating and barrel (drum) coating
- for temporary protection of products during transport, storage and operation
- as a base for paint coatings to improve their anti-corrosive and mechanical properties
- as a coating for facilitating hot plastic forming of metals – broaching, extrusion, pressing
- as anti-friction layers that reduce coefficient of friction and component wear and tear
- as insulating layers for electrical engineering applications